Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This page contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission. Read full disclaimer here
Rick Steves London 2020 (Rick Steves Travel Guide)
Planning your vacation in London could be overwhelming. England’s capital has a lot to offer and usually it is hard for visitors to decide what is worth seeing and what is not going to be interesting for them. This detailed London Travel Guide by Rick Steves will help you organize your stay in this amazing city. Inside you will find:
- Advice on how to get the most out of your time and money
- Top sights and hidden gems, from Trafalgar Square and the Tower of London to where to find the best tikka masala or fish and chips
- Connect with local culture: Catch a show in Soho, take afternoon tea, or have a pint of English ale with Londoners in a pub
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines and avoid tourist traps
- Day trips to Windsor, Cambridge and Stonehenge
- Detailed neighbourhood maps and a fold-out city map for exploring on the go
Lonely Planet Best of London 2020 (Best of City)
London is calling? You have a lot to plan and this Lonely Planet Best of London 2020 will help out with the up-to-date, updated information on attractions, restaurants, pubs, museums, galleries and many more. Explore the rich English history and try delicious local meals. The guide will cover Westminster, the West End, the City, the South Bank, Camden, Islington, Notting Hill, Kensington, Clerkenwell, Shoreditch & Spitalfields, East London, and more.
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
Fodor’s London 2020 (Full-color Travel Guide)
London is one of the most visited cities in the world. It is a top destination for tourists, because it has so much to offer. The diversity of the city makes it a hard task to decide what to visit. Here is the Fodor’s London 2020 guide which will be a perfect companion for your trip. It is full of photos and recommendations for the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, side-trips, and more. The 2020 edition keeps all the information up-to-date and easy for you to use. The guide covers Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, St. Paul’s Cathedral, the British Museum, the Tate Modern, Shakespeare’s Globe, Hyde Park, Houses of Parliament, and more.
- More than 15 detailed maps and a free pullout map to navigate confidently
- Tip-planning tools and practical tips on when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- Historical and cultural insides providing rich context on the politics, art, architecture, cuisine, and more
- Local writers to help you find the under-the-radar gems
DK Eyewitness London: 2020 (Travel Guide)
Looking forward to exploring the history and traditions of London? This DK Eyewitness London Guide 2020 will provide advice and insights based on experts’ opinion, details on all of the most famous and must-see landmarks of the capital. The colourful photos and hand-drawn illustrations will ease your planning what to visit.
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the city easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- colour-coded chapters to every part of London, from Mayfair to Shoreditch, King’s Cross to the South Bank
- new lightweight format, so you can take your guide with you wherever you go
The Best London Travel Guides (Pocket Edition)
Rick Steves Pocket London Paperback – 2020
Planning a nice trip to London? If you are staying in this amazing city for a week or less, this Rick Steves Pocket Guidebook is a must. It is colourful and compact, perfect to carry around while exploring. Inside you will find six detailed tours and walks which will guide you through London’s iconic sights and landmarks like the National Gallery, the Tower of London and Westminster Abbey. You will find recommendations for restaurants, pubs and tips for accommodations. Do not waste time, get the guidebook which also includes a detachable fold-out map, plus museum and city maps.
DK Eyewitness Top 10 London (Pocket Travel Guide)
Nobody wants to carry around heavy and big guidebooks on vacation. In 2020 and you need an up-to-date pocket lightweight guidebook for exploring London. DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide is the perfect, affordable way for you to find your way around London hassle free. Take a look inside for highlights to the best museums and art galleries, places to eat, parks and gardens, and riverfront sights. The pocket guidebook includes:
– Easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
– London’s must-sees, including detailed descriptions of London’s best attractions
– London’s most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out, and sightseeing
– Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip-including festivals and cultural events, traditional pubs, hidden gems off the beaten track, and things to do for free
– Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
Great Pubs of London: Pocket Edition
Staying in London often means trying out local pubs for delicious meals like the famous fish and chips and maybe a nice pint of beer? London is famous with its pubs, which for centuries have been an essential part of the capital’s cultural and social life. You will find one at every corner. People enjoy spending their time there, meeting friends for tasty lunch or dinner. Each pub is special and you can find interesting facts about who visited them in the past or what events took place there. It is fascinating to explore the history and how long some pubs have existed. You need this guidebook if you want to know why The Lamb and Flag in Covent Garden earned the nickname the ‘Bucket of Blood’ or find out why Charles Dickens described as a ‘great rambling queer old place. The legends say Casanova paid a visit to The Dog and Duck in Soho. Many more stories and well-known people are in the rich history of London pubs. To reveal more, get the book and enjoy your time in the city.